Thursday, October 2, 2008

smash!

Accidents always suck. At least I was by myself. On the way home from the dentist (my teeth are perfect!) some kid ran into me from behind. He just wasn't paying attention to the fact that a huge truck in front of me had slowed down to allow the pedestrians through the cross walk. He was busy trying to light his cigarette.

A cop saw the whole thing, but didn't issue any tickets. I suppose all kids make a mistake or two and should be given the benefit of the doubt. I was a time or two, remembering something about a red corvette and the back end of the car in front of me.

Since we were in town the kid wasn't going very fast, so no real damage. I had the truck looked at today just in case. I also talked to the car seat inspector to make sure I didn't need to worry about the car seat.

So aside from a little neck ache no real harm was done.

1 comment:

Grandma Dost said...

Wow! Glad you are OK!

--Shirley